Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today in church I realized that September 11th passed me by and I didn’t even accolade it. Jacob asked me what the big deal was, I looked at him in disbelief and told him that I feel very strongly about the 11th average people became heroes that day, children lost parents, wife’s lost husbands, husbands lost wife’s, parents lost children and the list goes on. afterwards we all stood together as Americans, not democrats or republicans, not blacks or whites. But brothers and sister who had just faced a terrible blow! The world changed that day, b/c of September 11th so much has changed. I never want to become desensitized to what happened on that day, I never want a September to pass when I don’t think of it and at least acknowledge that it happened. i cried for those people! I cry for those people still! I LOVE AMERICA AND I ALWAYS WILL!

2 comments:

Nan Whybark said...

Hello, Rachel,
I am Jacob's "other" mom. I'm his missionary mom. You have a great blog site here. Has Jacob every mentioned me to you? I've been very happy to see him happy. He is a lucky man! I know you will take good care of him. He rarely e-mails me, so it is nice to see what has been happening in his and your life. Thanks for loving him. He needs it! Best wishes for eternity! Mom (Nan) Whybark, nanerly@juno.com

CrzyJess said...

Amen sister! It's amazing to think back on that day and think about the grief that we as a nation felt. A lot of people have already started to forget and let it slip out of their minds. Thank you for being a reminder.