Saturday, September 5, 2009

We gave blood today


Today Jacob and I gave blood, the last time we did it I just woke up and gave blood. I didn't eat in advance and I maybe had one cup of water before we got there, I gave all of my blood and walked out the door feeling great! That was NOT the case today! Before Jacob and I went to donate we went out for a nice lunch and I drank a lot of water. I felt fine sitting in my reclining chair squeezing my PVC pipe but the second I got out of that chair I felt a little dizzy, I walked over to get my free cookies but felt like I was going to

A: Throw up
B: Pass out
or C: fall over from spinning dizziness
plus I was very hot!
All I could think about on the way to a chair was HURRY and sit down so you don't pass out in a puddle of your own vomit, I was lucky and i made it there on time, but I am also unlucky b/c they said all those side effects would dissipate in about 15 min but I'm still having them, oh and the arm they took the blood from still really hurts. I am still dizzy and nauseous from time to time. I am especially dizzy right now, so I am going to end this post.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

This is exactly why I don't give blood! Those things happen to me every time! And I am deathly afraid of needles!

Katy said...

Umm thats not good Rach! Have you been tested for anemia? How scary!! Hope your feelin better now! Love ya!